Policy: Acceptable Use of Computers
Unauthorized or Inappropriate Use of Computers Is Prohibited in the Library
Inappropriate use includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Viewing obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or offensive materials.
- Altering computer settings.
- Modifying hard drives or system files.
- Violating copyright laws.
- Connecting personal computers to the ChattState network
The library “reserves the right to monitor and / or log all network activity of users without notice, including all e-mail and
Internet communications. Users should have no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of these resources.”
( Tennessee Board of Regents Policy 1:08:10:00 )
Library staff may ask any person to stop using library computers.