Policy: Acceptable Use of Computers
Unauthorized or Inappropriate Use of Computers Is Prohibited in the Library
Such Inappropriate use includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Viewing obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or offensive materials.
- Altering computer settings.
- Modifying hard drives or system files.
- Violating copyright laws.
- Connecting personal computers to the ChattState network
The library “reserves the right to monitor and / or log all network activity of users without notice, including all e-mail and
Internet communications. Users should have no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of these resources.”
( Tennessee Board of Regents Policy 1:08:10:00 )
Library staff may ask any person to cease using library computers.
The library will contact College Security if anyone is found engaging in unauthorized or inappropriate use of the computers.
Violation of the acceptable use of library computers may lead to disciplinary action under College regulations
( Student Disciplinary Policy Part 2 sections aa, bb and Part 4 ).