Community - Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions?
- Can I use the library if I am not a student?
Yes, anyone is welcome to use the library.
- Can I bring my child to the library with me?
Yes, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Can I use the library computers?
library computers are open to anyone, but access is subject to availability.
Please read the Acceptable Use Policy
- Do library computers have internet access?
- Is there WiFi in the library?
Yes, choose the "Guest" WiFi account, no password,
then launch browser to complete setup process.
Ask for assistance at our Help Desk if you have difficulty connecting.
- Can I print from the library computers, and is there a charge to print?
Yes, you can print from any library computers.
10¢ per page cash or 6¢ per page with Print Card.
Reloadable Print Cards can be purchased in the library for $1.00.
- Can I make copies in the library?
Yes, there are 2 photocopiers in the library. Copies are 10¢ per page.
- Can I check-out library materials if I'm not a student?
Yes, a person 16 or older, who lives in Hamilton, Bledsoe, Marion, Rhea or Sequatchie counties and has a valid photo ID can be issued a library card, free of charge.
- How many books can I check out?
Community users can check out 2 books at a time.
- How long can I keep books after I check them out?
Loan period is 3 weeks, but renewals are allowed only if no holds are on the book.
Call the library at 423-697-4448 for assistance with renewals.
- Can I renew books if I need to keep them longer?
, you may renew them if there are no holds on the books.
Bring them in or renew online through your "My Account"
in the library catalog.
Call the library, 423-697-4448 for more information.
- Can I check out DVDs?
No, DVD check-out is limited to currently enrolled students and employees.
- Can I access the library resources from off-campus?
, most library resource material is only available for current student, faculty and staff.
The library resource materials are available for use through the library computers on-campus.
All Tennessee residents do have access to resources throught the Tennessee Electronic Library
- Does my library card expire?
Yes, library cards expire at the end of each semester.
- Can I renew my library card?
Yes, bring a current photo ID to renew your library card.