About Us | Policies | Staff Directory | Directions
The primary purpose of the Chattanooga State Community College Library is to be a dynamic, high-quality teaching library through active and effective participation in the teaching and learning activities of the College. In addition, the Library provides some materials of recreational and personal interest to faculty, staff, and students. The Library also provides information service to community members as resources permit.
- Goal 1. The Library will collaborate with faculty to teach students in all disciplines how to
find, select, and evaluate information in such a way that it has relevance to their
courses and adds meaning to their lives.
- Goal 2. The Library will work with administration, computer services, and faculty to
provide effective access to information resources and services that enhance the
classroom experience and encourage the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Goal 3. The Library will work with administration to provide consistently well-supported
services and collections as designated in the Association of College and
Research Libraries Standards that will result in services and collections which
will meet the intellectual, cultural, and technological needs of an information-
- Goal 4. The Library will encourage and facilitate intellectual independence and lifelong
learning to enable a diverse population to succeed.
- Goal 5. The Library will research, acquire, and use available and emerging technologies
to enhance faculty research, student learning, and information retrieval.
The library currently has approximately 35,000 books. Through electronic collections, students can access an additional 66,722 books online. The library currently subscribes to approximately 450 print periodicals with back issues of them. Through subscriptions to electronic databases such as MasterFILE Premier and LexisNexis®, students can access thousands of additional journals, magazines, and newspapers.