- Write a 2-3 page paper covering your topic.
- Use a 3-5 sources.
- Use at least two peer-reviewed journals.
- Some topics will not lend themselves to journal articles.
- Get approval from instructor to use another combination of sources.
- May use only one article from a credible website.
- May include an interview as one of your sources.
- Articles must have been published within the last 5 years.
- Use AMA citation format described in "Citing Sources" tab above.
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
Try to find evidence-based practice, if your topic regards particular therapies or techniques.
According to Dr. David Sackett, a pioneer in the field, EPB is "the conscientious, explicit and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of the individual patient. It means integrating individual clinical expertise with the best available external clinical evidence from systematic research."
Sackett, D., "Evidence based medicine: What it is and what it isn't." BMJ. 1996; 312:71-72. http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/312/7023/71